Are you in the mood for a comforting and delicious meal? Look no further than this mouthwatering Sweet Tomatoes Chicken Pot Pie Stew recipe. Packed with tender chicken, hearty vegetables, and a creamy sauce, this dish is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
To make this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
– 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or cubed
– 2 cups mixed vegetables (such as carrots, peas, and corn)
– 1 cup diced potatoes
– 1 cup diced onions
– 1 cup diced celery
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 4 cups chicken broth
– 1 cup milk
– ½ cup all-purpose flour
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 1 teaspoon dried thyme
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Store-bought or homemade pie crust
Start by melting the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions, celery, and garlic, and cook until they become soft and translucent. Add the flour to the pot and stir to coat the vegetables. Gradually whisk in the chicken broth and milk, making sure there are no lumps. Add the potatoes, mixed vegetables, chicken, thyme, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
While the stew is simmering, preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Pour the stew into a casserole dish and cover it with the pie crust. Cut a few slits in the crust to allow steam to escape. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the stew is bubbling.
Now, your Sweet Tomatoes Chicken Pot Pie Stew is ready to be enjoyed! Serve it hot, and savor the creamy sauce, tender chicken, and flavorful vegetables.
1. Can I use frozen vegetables instead of fresh ones?
Yes, frozen vegetables can be used in this recipe. Just make sure to thaw them before adding them to the stew.
2. Can I use leftover chicken instead of cooking it from scratch?
Absolutely! Leftover rotisserie chicken or roasted chicken works great in this recipe.
3. Can I make this stew ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the stew in advance and refrigerate it until ready to bake. Just make sure to add the pie crust right before baking.
4. Can I use a different type of crust?
Yes, you can use puff pastry or biscuit dough as an alternative to pie crust.
5. Can I freeze the leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
6. Can I substitute the chicken with another protein?
Yes, you can use turkey or even tofu if you prefer a vegetarian option.
7. Can I add other vegetables to the stew?
Certainly! Feel free to add your favorite vegetables, such as green beans or mushrooms.
8. Can I use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth?
Yes, vegetable broth can be used as a substitute.
9. Can I make this stew in a slow cooker?
Yes, you can adapt this recipe for a slow cooker. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly.
10. Can I add herbs other than thyme?
Certainly! You can experiment with herbs like rosemary or sage for added flavor.
11. Can I use low-fat milk instead of whole milk?
Yes, you can use low-fat or even dairy-free milk if preferred.