Best Easy The Chew Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
Are you looking for a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional meatloaf? Look no further than The Chew’s Turkey Meatloaf recipe! This recipe is not only easy to make but also packed with flavor and lean protein. Whether you’re a fan of The Chew or just looking for a new way to enjoy turkey, this recipe is sure to impress.
– 1 ½ pounds ground turkey
– 1 cup breadcrumbs
– 1 egg
– ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
– ½ cup tomato sauce
– 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
– 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
– 1 teaspoon dried thyme
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, Parmesan cheese, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, thyme, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well until all ingredients are evenly combined.
3. Shape the mixture into a loaf shape and place it in a greased baking dish.
4. Bake the meatloaf in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
5. Once cooked, remove the meatloaf from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Q1. Can I use ground chicken instead of turkey?
A1. Yes, ground chicken can be used as a substitute for turkey in this recipe.
Q2. Can I use fresh herbs instead of dried?
A2. Yes, you can substitute dried herbs with fresh ones, but you may need to adjust the quantities.
Q3. Can I freeze the meatloaf?
A3. Yes, you can freeze the cooked meatloaf for up to 3 months. Just make sure to wrap it tightly before freezing.
Q4. Can I use ketchup instead of tomato sauce?
A4. Yes, you can use ketchup as a substitute for tomato sauce if desired.
Q5. Can I add vegetables to the meatloaf mixture?
A5. Absolutely! Feel free to add chopped onions, bell peppers, or carrots to the mixture for added flavor and texture.
Q6. Can I make mini meatloaves instead of one large loaf?
A6. Yes, you can shape the mixture into individual portions and adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Q7. Can I use gluten-free breadcrumbs?
A7. Yes, you can use gluten-free breadcrumbs if you have dietary restrictions.
Q8. Can I make the meatloaf ahead of time?
A8. Yes, you can prepare the meatloaf mixture and refrigerate it for up to 24 hours before baking.
Q9. Can I use ground beef instead of turkey?
A9. Yes, ground beef can be used as a substitute for turkey if preferred.
Q10. Can I add cheese to the meatloaf?
A10. Yes, you can mix shredded cheese into the meatloaf mixture or place slices of cheese on top before baking.
Q11. Can I serve the meatloaf with a sauce?
A11. Absolutely! You can serve the meatloaf with a side of tomato sauce or gravy for added flavor.