Best Easy Tiramisu Recipe With Ricotta Cheese
Tiramisu, a classic Italian dessert, is loved by people all around the world. With its layers of rich coffee-soaked ladyfingers, creamy mascarpone cheese, and a dusting of cocoa powder, it is a treat that is hard to resist. While traditional tiramisu calls for mascarpone cheese, this recipe puts a twist on the classic by using ricotta cheese instead. The result is a lighter and slightly tangier version that is equally delicious and easy to make.
– 1 cup ricotta cheese
– 1/2 cup powdered sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 cup heavy cream
– 1 cup strong brewed coffee, cooled
– 2 tablespoons rum (optional)
– 24 ladyfingers
– Cocoa powder for dusting
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix well until smooth.
2. In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
3. Gently fold the whipped cream into the ricotta mixture until well combined.
4. In a shallow dish, combine the cooled coffee and rum (if using). Dip each ladyfinger into the coffee mixture, ensuring they are soaked but not overly soggy.
5. Arrange a layer of soaked ladyfingers in the bottom of a serving dish.
6. Spread half of the ricotta cream mixture over the ladyfingers, ensuring an even layer.
7. Repeat the process with another layer of soaked ladyfingers and the remaining ricotta cream mixture.
8. Dust the top with cocoa powder for an elegant finishing touch.
9. Cover the dish and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight, to allow the flavors to meld and the tiramisu to set.
10. Serve chilled and enjoy!
1. Can I use mascarpone cheese instead of ricotta?
Yes, you can substitute mascarpone cheese for the ricotta cheese if you prefer the traditional taste.
2. Can I use instant coffee instead of brewed coffee?
Yes, you can dissolve instant coffee in water to make a strong coffee substitute.
3. Can I omit the rum?
Yes, the rum is optional and can be omitted if you prefer a non-alcoholic version.
4. Can I use a different liquor instead of rum?
Yes, you can use other liqueurs like amaretto or brandy for added flavor.
5. Can I use whipped topping instead of heavy cream?
While it may alter the taste and texture slightly, you can use whipped topping as a substitute.
6. How long does tiramisu last in the refrigerator?
Tiramisu can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
7. Can I freeze tiramisu?
It is not recommended to freeze tiramisu as it may alter the texture and taste.
8. Can I use store-bought ladyfingers?
Yes, you can use store-bought ladyfingers for convenience.
9. Can I use cocoa powder instead of powdered sugar for dusting?
While cocoa powder can be used instead of powdered sugar, it may result in a slightly bitter taste.
10. Can I add chocolate shavings to the tiramisu?
Yes, you can sprinkle chocolate shavings on top for added richness and flavor.
11. Can I make tiramisu in advance?
Yes, tiramisu actually tastes better when made in advance as it allows the flavors to meld together.