Trisha Yearwood is known for her delicious and easy-to-make recipes, and her Crunchy Coleslaw is no exception. This recipe provides a twist on the classic coleslaw, adding a delightful crunch to every bite. Whether you’re serving it as a side dish or topping it on your favorite sandwich, Trisha Yearwood’s Crunchy Coleslaw is sure to be a hit at your next gathering.
To make this recipe, you’ll need:
– 1 package of coleslaw mix (16 ounces)
– 1 cup of mayonnaise
– 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
– 1/4 cup of sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon of celery seeds
– 1/2 teaspoon of salt
– 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
– 1 cup of crushed cornflakes
Start by placing the coleslaw mix in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, sugar, celery seeds, salt, and black pepper until well combined. Pour the dressing over the coleslaw mix and toss until the cabbage is evenly coated.
Next, add the crushed cornflakes to the coleslaw mixture and gently stir until the cornflakes are evenly distributed throughout. The cornflakes add a satisfying crunch to the dish, elevating it to a whole new level.
Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. This allows the flavors to meld together and for the coleslaw to become chilled, enhancing its crispness.
Now, let’s answer some frequently asked questions about Trisha Yearwood’s Crunchy Coleslaw:
1. Can I use fresh cabbage instead of coleslaw mix?
Yes, you can shred a head of cabbage to use instead of coleslaw mix.
2. Can I use a different type of vinegar?
Yes, you can substitute apple cider vinegar with white vinegar or rice vinegar.
3. Can I reduce the amount of sugar in the recipe?
Yes, you can adjust the sugar according to your taste preferences.
4. Can I add other vegetables to the coleslaw?
Absolutely! Feel free to add shredded carrots, diced bell peppers, or any other veggies you like.
5. Can I prepare this coleslaw in advance?
Yes, you can make it a day ahead and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
6. Can I use a different type of cereal instead of cornflakes?
Yes, you can experiment with other crushed cereals like panko breadcrumbs or crushed crackers.
7. Can I make this coleslaw vegan?
Yes, you can use vegan mayonnaise as a substitute for regular mayonnaise.
8. Can I add chopped nuts to the coleslaw for extra crunch?
Absolutely! Chopped nuts like almonds or pecans would make a great addition.
9. Can I use Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise?
Yes, Greek yogurt can be used as a healthier alternative to mayonnaise.
10. Can I add hot sauce for a spicy kick?
Yes, you can add a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce to the dressing.
11. Can I substitute the celery seeds with something else?
If you don’t have celery seeds, you can use celery salt or skip it altogether.
Trisha Yearwood’s Crunchy Coleslaw is a versatile and easy-to-make recipe that will surely become a favorite. Its combination of flavors and textures make it a standout dish that will impress your family and friends. Give this recipe a try and enjoy the delightful crunch of this delectable coleslaw.