Best Easy True Food Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
When it comes to comfort food, few things can beat a warm and creamy bowl of butternut squash soup. This classic autumn dish is not only delicious, but also packed with nutrients and vitamins. If you’re looking for the best and easiest butternut squash soup recipe, look no further than the True Food Kitchen’s version. Here’s how you can recreate their mouthwatering soup at home.
– 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks
– 1 onion, chopped
– 3 cloves of garlic, minced
– 4 cups vegetable broth
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
– 1/2 cup coconut milk
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pot, sauté the onion and garlic until fragrant and translucent.
2. Add the butternut squash chunks, vegetable broth, cinnamon, and nutmeg to the pot.
3. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the squash is tender.
4. Using an immersion blender or regular blender, puree the soup until smooth and creamy.
5. Return the soup to the pot and stir in the coconut milk. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
7. Serve hot and garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon or a drizzle of coconut milk if desired.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. Can I use frozen butternut squash instead of fresh?
Yes, you can use frozen butternut squash. Just make sure to thaw it before adding it to the pot.
2. Can I substitute coconut milk with another type of milk?
Yes, you can use regular milk, almond milk, or cashew milk as a substitute for coconut milk.
3. Can I add other vegetables to the soup?
Absolutely! Feel free to add carrots, sweet potatoes, or even apples for extra flavor and texture.
4. How long does this soup last in the fridge?
It can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days in an airtight container.
5. Can I freeze this soup?
Yes, you can freeze it for up to 3 months. Just make sure to thaw and reheat it thoroughly before serving.