Best Easy Vanilla Cake Recipe South Africa
If you’re craving a delicious vanilla cake but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen, we have the perfect recipe for you. This easy vanilla cake recipe is a South African favorite, loved for its simplicity and mouthwatering flavor. With just a few basic ingredients, you can whip up a moist and fluffy vanilla cake that will impress your family and friends.
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 2 cups granulated sugar
– 4 large eggs
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 1 cup milk
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease a round cake pan.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a separate large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with the milk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
7. Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Remove from the oven and let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
9. Once cooled, you can frost the cake with your favorite icing or serve it as is.
1. Can I use self-rising flour instead of all-purpose flour?
Yes, you can substitute self-rising flour for all-purpose flour, but omit the baking powder and salt.
2. Can I use salted butter instead of unsalted butter?
Yes, but you may want to reduce the amount of salt in the recipe.
3. Can I use a different size cake pan?
Yes, but adjust the baking time accordingly. Smaller pans will require less time, while larger pans may need more time.
4. Can I freeze the cake?
Yes, you can freeze the cake before frosting it. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in an airtight container or freezer bag.
5. Can I use almond milk instead of regular milk?
Yes, you can substitute almond milk or any other non-dairy milk.
6. Can I add chocolate chips or other mix-ins?
Absolutely! Feel free to add chocolate chips, berries, or any other desired mix-ins to the batter.
7. Can I use a different flavor extract?
Yes, you can experiment with different flavors such as lemon or almond extract.
8. Can I use a hand mixer instead of a stand mixer?
Yes, a hand mixer will work just fine.
9. Can I use margarine instead of butter?
While margarine can be used as a substitute, butter is recommended for the best flavor.
10. Can I make cupcakes instead of a cake?
Yes, simply pour the batter into cupcake liners and adjust the baking time to around 15-20 minutes.
11. Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Yes, you can use a gluten-free flour blend instead of all-purpose flour for a gluten-free option.