Are you looking for a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional mayonnaise? Look no further! We have the perfect recipe for you – a no-oil vegan mayonnaise that is not only easy to make but also incredibly tasty.
– 1 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight)
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
– 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
– 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
– 1 teaspoon maple syrup
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 cup water
1. Drain and rinse the soaked cashews.
2. Place the cashews, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, salt, and water in a blender or food processor.
3. Blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as needed.
4. Taste and adjust the seasoning as desired.
5. Transfer the mixture to a jar or container and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to let it thicken.
This vegan mayonnaise is not only oil-free but also packed with healthy fats from cashews. It has a rich and creamy texture, making it the perfect spread for sandwiches, wraps, and salads. You can also use it as a base for dressings and dips.
Here are some frequently asked questions about this recipe:
1. Can I use a different nut instead of cashews?
Yes, you can substitute cashews with almonds or sunflower seeds for a nut-free version.
2. How long does this mayonnaise last in the refrigerator?
It can be stored for up to a week in an airtight container.
3. Can I freeze this mayonnaise?
Unfortunately, freezing can alter the texture and consistency, so it is not recommended.
4. Can I omit the maple syrup?
Yes, you can omit the maple syrup or substitute it with a sweetener of your choice.
5. Can I use regular mustard instead of Dijon mustard?
Yes, you can use any mustard you prefer, but Dijon mustard adds a unique flavor.
6. Is this recipe gluten-free?
Yes, this recipe is naturally gluten-free.
7. Can I use bottled lemon juice instead of fresh lemon juice?
Fresh lemon juice is recommended for the best flavor, but bottled lemon juice can be used as a substitute.
8. Can I add herbs or spices to customize the flavor?
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with herbs, spices, or even roasted garlic to add extra flavor.
9. Can I use this mayonnaise as a substitute for regular mayonnaise in recipes?
Yes, this vegan mayonnaise can be used as a substitute in most recipes that call for mayonnaise.
10. Can I use this mayonnaise in baking?
While this mayonnaise is not specifically designed for baking, it can be used in some recipes, such as vegan cakes or muffins.
11. Can I use this mayonnaise for dipping sauces?
Definitely! This vegan mayonnaise works great as a base for dipping sauces, adding creaminess to your favorite snacks.