Best Easy Vegetarian Oatmeal Patties Recipe
If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy vegetarian recipe, look no further than these easy oatmeal patties. Packed with nutritious ingredients and bursting with flavor, these patties are a great way to incorporate more plant-based meals into your diet. Plus, they’re incredibly simple to make!
– 1 cup rolled oats
– 1/2 cup grated carrot
– 1/2 cup grated zucchini
– 1/4 cup chopped onion
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
– 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
– 2 eggs, lightly beaten
– 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Olive oil for frying
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, grated carrot, grated zucchini, chopped onion, fresh parsley, and Parmesan cheese.
2. Add the lightly beaten eggs, whole wheat flour, salt, and pepper to the mixture. Mix well until all the ingredients are combined.
3. Shape the mixture into patties, about 1/4 cup each.
4. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the patties and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
5. Remove the patties from the skillet and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb any excess oil.
6. Serve the oatmeal patties hot with a side of salad or your favorite dipping sauce.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. Can I use instant oats instead of rolled oats?
Yes, you can use instant oats as a substitute, but the texture may be slightly different.
2. Can I freeze these oatmeal patties?
Yes, you can freeze the uncooked patties for future use. Just place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, freeze until firm, and then transfer them to a freezer-safe bag or container.
3. Can I make these patties gluten-free?
Yes, simply substitute the whole wheat flour with a gluten-free flour blend.
4. Can I omit the Parmesan cheese?
Yes, the cheese is optional. You can leave it out or substitute it with a vegan cheese alternative.
5. Can I bake these instead of frying?
Yes, you can bake the patties at 375°F (190°C) for about 20-25 minutes, flipping them halfway through.
6. Can I use other vegetables?
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with different vegetables, such as bell peppers, corn, or peas.
7. Can I make these vegan?
Yes, you can replace the eggs with flax or chia eggs. To make a flax egg, mix 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed with 3 tablespoons of water and let it sit for a few minutes until it thickens.
8. Can I serve these patties as a burger?
Yes, these patties can be enjoyed as a delicious vegetarian burger. Just add your favorite toppings and a bun!
9. How long do these patties last in the fridge?
They will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
10. Can I use steel-cut oats instead of rolled oats?
Steel-cut oats may result in a different texture, but you can give it a try if you prefer.
11. Can I add spices to the mixture?
Absolutely! Feel free to add your favorite spices or herbs to enhance the flavor of the patties. Some popular options include paprika, cumin, or garlic powder.
In conclusion, these vegetarian oatmeal patties are a versatile and tasty option for a healthy meal. Whether enjoyed on their own or as a burger, they are sure to satisfy your taste buds while providing essential nutrients. Don’t be afraid to get creative and customize them to suit your preferences. Happy cooking!