If you’re looking for a crowd-pleasing appetizer that is both easy to make and incredibly delicious, look no further than the best Velveeta queso dip recipe with meat. This cheesy and meaty dip is perfect for parties, game day, or simply as a comforting snack. Here’s a simple and foolproof recipe that will have everyone coming back for more.
– 1 pound ground beef
– 1 small onion, finely diced
– 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
– 1 pound Velveeta cheese, cubed
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1 teaspoon chili powder
– 1/2 teaspoon cumin
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium heat until fully cooked. Drain any excess grease.
2. Add the diced onion to the skillet and sauté until translucent.
3. Stir in the diced tomatoes with green chilies, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
4. Reduce the heat to low and add the Velveeta cheese and milk. Stir constantly until the cheese is fully melted and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
5. Transfer the queso dip to a serving bowl and garnish with your favorite toppings, such as diced tomatoes, chopped green onions, or fresh cilantro.
6. Serve warm with tortilla chips, crackers, or sliced baguette.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Can I use a different type of meat?
Yes, you can substitute ground beef with ground turkey, chicken, or even sausage.
2. Can I make this dip in a slow cooker?
Absolutely! Brown the meat and sauté the onion before adding them to the slow cooker along with the remaining ingredients. Cook on low for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally.
3. Can I make this dip ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the dip ahead of time and reheat it when ready to serve. Simply store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
4. Can I freeze the leftovers?
Unfortunately, this dip does not freeze well due to the dairy content.
5. Can I use a different type of cheese?
While Velveeta is the classic choice for this recipe, you can experiment with other types of cheese like cheddar or Monterey Jack.
6. Can I make this dip spicy?
If you prefer a spicier dip, you can add additional diced jalapeños or a few dashes of hot sauce.
7. Can I use fresh tomatoes instead of canned?
Fresh tomatoes can be used, but they may release more liquid, so you might need to adjust the amount of milk accordingly.
8. Can I add additional vegetables?
Certainly! You can add diced bell peppers, corn, or black beans for extra flavor and texture.
9. Can I use this dip as a filling for tacos or burritos?
Absolutely! This queso dip with meat makes a tasty filling for tacos, burritos, or even as a topping for nachos.
10. Can I make this dip vegetarian?
Yes, simply omit the meat and replace it with your favorite vegetables or plant-based meat alternatives.
11. Can I make this dip in a microwave?
Yes, you can make this dip in a microwave-safe dish by heating it in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until the cheese is fully melted and the dip is heated through.