Best Easy Very Berry Cake Recipe
If you’re a fan of berries and cake, then this easy very berry cake recipe is perfect for you! Bursting with vibrant flavors and loaded with juicy berries, this cake is sure to impress your family and friends. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or simply craving a sweet treat, this recipe will satisfy your dessert cravings.
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
– ½ teaspoon salt
– ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 2 large eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– ½ cup milk
– 2 cups mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc.)
– Powdered sugar (for dusting)
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9-inch round cake pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a separate large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, alternating with the milk. Mix until just combined.
6. Gently fold in the mixed berries, being careful not to overmix.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan, spreading it evenly.
8. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
9. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
10. Once cooled, dust the cake with powdered sugar.
11. Slice and serve with additional berries on top, if desired.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. Can I use frozen berries instead of fresh ones?
Yes, you can use frozen berries, but make sure to thaw and drain them before using.
2. Can I use a different type of flour?
You can try using whole wheat flour or a gluten-free flour blend, but the texture and taste may vary.
3. Can I substitute the butter with oil?
Yes, you can use an equal amount of vegetable oil instead of butter.
4. Can I use a different size cake pan?
Yes, but you may need to adjust the baking time accordingly.
5. How should I store the leftover cake?
Store the cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
6. Can I use only one type of berry?
Yes, you can use just one type of berry or a combination of your favorites.
7. Can I add nuts to the cake?
Absolutely! Chopped nuts like almonds or walnuts can add a delightful crunch to the cake.
8. Can I use a different type of sugar?
You can try using brown sugar or coconut sugar, but it may affect the taste and texture.
9. Can I add a cream cheese frosting?
Yes, a cream cheese frosting would pair beautifully with this cake. Simply spread it on top after the cake has cooled.
10. Can I make this cake in advance?
Yes, you can make the cake a day in advance and store it in the refrigerator.
11. Can I use this recipe to make cupcakes?
Certainly! Just adjust the baking time to around 20-25 minutes for cupcakes.
With this easy very berry cake recipe, you can enjoy a delicious homemade dessert packed with the vibrant flavors of fresh berries. Whether you’re a beginner baker or an experienced one, this recipe is sure to result in a moist and flavorful cake that will leave everyone asking for seconds.