Best Easy Volcano Cake Recipe Paula Deen
Paula Deen is a renowned chef known for her delicious and easy-to-follow recipes. If you’re a fan of chocolate and want to wow your guests with a show-stopping dessert, then her Best Easy Volcano Cake recipe is a must-try. This cake not only tastes heavenly but also erupts with a molten chocolate center that will leave everyone asking for seconds.
– 1 box chocolate cake mix
– 1 and 1/4 cups water
– 1/2 cup vegetable oil
– 3 large eggs
– 1 package instant chocolate pudding mix
– 2 cups milk
– 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a bundt cake pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil, and eggs. Mix until well combined.
3. Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and smooth the top.
4. In another bowl, whisk together the instant chocolate pudding mix and milk until thickened.
5. Pour the pudding mixture over the cake batter, being careful not to mix them together.
6. Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the pudding mixture.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
8. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
9. Invert the cake onto a serving plate, and the lava-like chocolate center will flow out, creating the volcano effect.
This Best Easy Volcano Cake is as impressive as it is delicious. The combination of moist chocolate cake, creamy pudding, and gooey chocolate chips creates a delightful explosion of flavors in every bite. Serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra special treat.
1. Can I use a different flavor of cake mix?
– Yes, you can experiment with different flavors like vanilla or red velvet.
2. Can I use homemade chocolate pudding instead of instant?
– Yes, but make sure it’s thickened enough to hold its shape.
3. Can I add nuts to the cake?
– Absolutely! Chopped walnuts or pecans would be a great addition.
4. Can I freeze the cake?
– Yes, you can freeze it, but the lava effect may not be as pronounced when reheated.
5. Can I use dark chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet?
– Yes, you can use your preferred type of chocolate chips.
6. Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
– Yes, you can use a gluten-free cake mix and pudding mix.
7. How long can I store the cake?
– It can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
8. Can I make the volcano cake in a different pan?
– Yes, you can try using a round cake pan or a square baking dish, but the shape of the volcano may differ.
9. Can I use a different type of oil?
– Yes, you can use canola oil or melted butter instead of vegetable oil.
10. Can I use regular pudding instead of instant?
– Instant pudding is recommended for this recipe as it thickens quickly and creates the desired effect.
11. Can I use a sugar-free cake mix and pudding mix?
– Yes, if you prefer a sugar-free option, you can use sugar-free mixes.