Best Easy Waffles Recipe No Baking Powder
Waffles are a classic breakfast staple that everyone loves. Whether topped with butter and syrup or loaded with fresh fruits and whipped cream, waffles are versatile and delicious. If you’re looking for a simple and foolproof waffle recipe that doesn’t require baking powder, then look no further. Here is the best easy waffles recipe without baking powder.
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
– 1 tablespoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 2 cups milk
– 2 eggs
– 1/3 cup melted butter
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat your waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Be careful not to overmix, as this can result in tough waffles.
5. Lightly grease the waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray or melted butter.
6. Pour the batter onto the waffle iron, using a ladle or measuring cup. The amount of batter will depend on the size of your waffle iron.
7. Close the waffle iron and cook until the waffles are golden brown and crispy, usually about 3-4 minutes.
8. Carefully remove the waffles from the iron and repeat with the remaining batter.
9. Serve the waffles warm with your favorite toppings, such as syrup, berries, or whipped cream.
11 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. Can I substitute baking powder with baking soda?
Yes, you can. Use 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda for every 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
2. Can I use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour?
Yes, you can. However, the texture and flavor may be slightly different.
3. Can I make the batter ahead of time?
Yes, you can. Just refrigerate the batter in an airtight container for up to 24 hours.
4. Can I freeze the waffles?
Yes, you can. Allow the waffles to cool completely, then store them in a zip-top bag in the freezer for up to 3 months.
5. Can I use almond milk instead of regular milk?
Yes, you can. The waffles may have a slightly different taste, but they will still be delicious.
6. Can I use oil instead of melted butter?
Yes, you can. Just use the same amount of oil as the recipe calls for melted butter.
7. Can I add chocolate chips or nuts to the batter?
Yes, you can. Simply fold in your desired mix-ins after combining the wet and dry ingredients.
8. Can I make the waffles gluten-free?
Yes, you can. Use a gluten-free flour blend in place of the all-purpose flour.
9. Can I use a waffle maker without non-stick coating?
Yes, you can. Just make sure to grease the iron well before pouring the batter.
10. Can I make mini waffles instead of regular-sized ones?
Yes, you can. Adjust the amount of batter you pour onto the iron to make smaller waffles.
11. Can I reheat leftover waffles?
Yes, you can. Place them in a toaster or toaster oven until warm and crispy.