Best Easy Wedding Cake Flavored Cake Balls Recipe
Wedding cake flavored cake balls are a delightful addition to any wedding celebration. These bite-sized treats are not only delicious but also make for a beautiful display. If you’re looking for an easy and crowd-pleasing dessert for your wedding, look no further than this recipe!
To make these cake balls, you will need the following ingredients:
– 1 box of white cake mix
– 1 cup of water
– 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
– 3 large eggs
– 1 teaspoon of almond extract
– 1 can of vanilla frosting
– White candy melts
– Sprinkles or edible pearls for decoration
1. Preheat your oven to the temperature specified on the cake mix box.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, water, vegetable oil, eggs, and almond extract. Mix until well combined and smooth.
3. Pour the batter into a greased cake pan and bake according to the package instructions.
4. Once the cake is baked and cooled, crumble it into fine crumbs using your hands or a food processor.
5. In a separate bowl, mix the vanilla frosting with the cake crumbs until the mixture holds together when squeezed.
6. Roll the cake mixture into small balls and place them on a lined baking sheet. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
7. Melt the white candy melts according to the package instructions.
8. Using a toothpick, dip each cake ball into the melted candy melts, coating it completely. Tap off any excess and place the coated cake ball back onto the baking sheet.
9. Decorate the cake balls with sprinkles or edible pearls before the candy coating sets.
10. Allow the cake balls to completely set in the refrigerator for about an hour.
11. Serve and enjoy!
Q1. Can I use a different cake mix flavor?
A1. Yes, you can experiment with different flavors to suit your preference.
Q2. Can I use homemade frosting?
A2. Absolutely! Homemade frosting can add a personal touch to the cake balls.
Q3. Can I freeze the cake balls?
A3. Yes, you can freeze the cake balls for up to one month before serving.
Q4. Can I use colored candy melts?
A4. Yes, you can use any color of candy melts to match your wedding theme.
Q5. Can I use a different extract flavor instead of almond?
A5. Yes, you can substitute almond extract with vanilla or any other flavor you prefer.
Q6. How far in advance can I make these cake balls?
A6. You can prepare the cake balls a day or two in advance, keeping them refrigerated until the wedding day.
Q7. Can I make them gluten-free?
A7. Yes, you can use a gluten-free cake mix and frosting to make them gluten-free.
Q8. Can I use real white chocolate instead of candy melts?
A8. Yes, you can use real white chocolate, but it may require tempering.
Q9. How many cake balls does this recipe make?
A9. This recipe makes approximately 36 cake balls.
Q10. Can I use a different type of decoration?
A10. Yes, you can use any type of decoration that complements your wedding theme.
Q11. Can I make these cake balls without the stick?
A11. Absolutely! You can serve them as cake pops or simply as bite-sized treats without the stick.
In conclusion, these wedding cake flavored cake balls are a scrumptious and visually appealing addition to any wedding celebration. With their easy preparation and customizable decorations, they are sure to be a hit among your guests. Don’t hesitate to try this recipe and make your special day even sweeter!