Best Easy Whole Foods Lemon Dill Tuna Salad Recipe
Are you looking for a quick and healthy meal that is packed with flavor? Look no further than this delicious Lemon Dill Tuna Salad recipe. Made with whole foods and bursting with fresh flavors, this recipe is a go-to for a satisfying lunch or light dinner.
– 2 cans of tuna, drained
– 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt
– 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
– 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
– 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh dill
– 1/4 cup of diced red onion
– 1/4 cup of diced celery
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the drained tuna, Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and chopped dill. Mix well until all the ingredients are well combined.
2. Add the diced red onion and diced celery to the tuna mixture. Stir gently to incorporate the vegetables into the salad.
3. Season with salt and pepper according to your taste preferences. Give it a final stir to ensure everything is evenly seasoned.
4. Serve the Lemon Dill Tuna Salad on its own, with whole grain bread or crackers, or as a filling for sandwiches or wraps.
1. Can I use fresh tuna instead of canned tuna?
Yes, you can use fresh tuna for this recipe. Simply cook and flake the tuna before adding it to the rest of the ingredients.
2. Can I substitute the Greek yogurt with sour cream?
Yes, if you prefer the taste of sour cream, you can substitute it for Greek yogurt in equal amounts.
3. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, this tuna salad can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
4. Can I add other vegetables to the salad?
Absolutely! Feel free to add other vegetables like diced bell peppers, shredded carrots, or even cherry tomatoes for added crunch and freshness.
5. Can I use dried dill instead of fresh?
Yes, you can use dried dill if fresh dill is not available. However, reduce the amount to half a tablespoon as dried herbs are more concentrated in flavor.
6. Can I make this recipe vegan?
Yes, you can substitute the tuna with mashed chickpeas or firm tofu for a vegan version of this salad.
7. Can I use lemon zest instead of lemon juice?
Yes, lemon zest can be used instead of lemon juice to add a stronger lemon flavor to the salad. Use the zest of one lemon for this recipe.
8. Can I freeze this tuna salad?
It is not recommended to freeze this tuna salad as the texture and taste may change after thawing.
9. Can I use flavored canned tuna?
Yes, you can use flavored canned tuna like lemon pepper or garlic herb for an extra burst of flavor.
10. Can I use a different type of fish?
While this recipe calls for tuna, you can use other types of fish like salmon or sardines if you prefer.
11. Can I add nuts or seeds for additional crunch?
Certainly! Adding chopped nuts like almonds or sunflower seeds can provide a delightful crunch to the salad. Just sprinkle them on top before serving.