Best Easy Whole Wheat Milk Bread Recipe
If you’re looking for a delicious and nutritious bread recipe, look no further than this easy whole wheat milk bread. Made with whole wheat flour and milk, this bread is not only healthier than traditional white bread, but it also has a soft and tender crumb that is perfect for sandwiches or toast.
– 2 cups whole wheat flour
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 2 ¼ teaspoons instant yeast
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 2 tablespoons honey
– 1 cup warm milk
– 2 tablespoons melted butter
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, yeast, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the honey, warm milk, and melted butter.
3. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
4. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for about 5-7 minutes, or until it becomes smooth and elastic.
5. Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover with a clean kitchen towel. Allow it to rise in a warm place for about 1 hour or until it doubles in size.
6. Punch down the dough and shape it into a loaf. Place it in a greased loaf pan.
7. Cover the loaf pan with the kitchen towel and let the dough rise for another 30 minutes.
8. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
9. Bake the bread for 25-30 minutes or until it turns golden brown on top.
10. Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
1. Can I use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour?
Yes, this recipe uses a combination of both whole wheat and all-purpose flour for a better texture.
2. Can I substitute honey with sugar?
Yes, you can use sugar instead of honey if preferred.
3. Can I use almond milk instead of regular milk?
Yes, any type of milk can be used in this recipe.
4. Can I freeze this bread?
Yes, you can freeze the bread once it’s cooled. Just wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in a freezer bag.
5. Can I add seeds or nuts to the dough?
Absolutely! Feel free to add your favorite seeds or nuts for added flavor and texture.
6. How long does the bread stay fresh?
The bread will stay fresh for about 3-4 days when stored in an airtight container.
7. Can I make this bread in a bread machine?
Yes, you can follow the instructions of your bread machine for the dough cycle, and then shape and bake the bread as directed.
8. Can I use whole wheat pastry flour instead of regular whole wheat flour?
Yes, whole wheat pastry flour can be used, but the texture may be slightly different.
9. Can I use instant yeast instead of active dry yeast?
Yes, you can substitute instant yeast for active dry yeast in the same amount.
10. Can I make this bread without kneading?
You can try using a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment to knead the dough instead of kneading by hand.
11. Can I use a different sweetener instead of honey?
Yes, maple syrup or agave nectar can be used as alternatives to honey. Adjust the amount to taste.
With this easy whole wheat milk bread recipe, you can enjoy a healthier and tastier bread option. It’s perfect for those who want to incorporate more whole grains into their diet without compromising on flavor. Give it a try and enjoy the delightful aroma of freshly baked bread in your kitchen!