Best Easy Wolfgang Puck Roasted Turkey Recipe
When it comes to roasting a turkey, nobody does it quite like Wolfgang Puck. His roasted turkey recipe is not only delicious but also incredibly easy to make. With just a few simple ingredients and some basic cooking techniques, you can create a mouthwatering turkey that will impress your family and friends. Here is the best easy Wolfgang Puck roasted turkey recipe:
– 1 turkey (12-14 pounds)
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
– 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
– 4 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 lemon, halved
1. Preheat your oven to 325°F (165°C).
2. Remove the giblets and neck from the turkey cavity, rinse the turkey, and pat it dry with paper towels.
3. Season the turkey generously with salt and pepper, both inside and out.
4. In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, minced garlic, and the leaves from 2 sprigs of rosemary.
5. Rub the butter mixture all over the turkey, making sure to get it under the skin as well.
6. Stuff the cavity of the turkey with the remaining rosemary sprigs and the halved lemon.
7. Place the turkey on a rack in a roasting pan, breast side up.
8. Roast the turkey in the preheated oven for about 3 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C) when measured with a meat thermometer.
9. Baste the turkey with the pan juices every 30 minutes.
10. Once the turkey is done, remove it from the oven and tent it with aluminum foil. Let it rest for at least 30 minutes before carving.
11. Serve the turkey with your favorite sides and enjoy!
1. How long should I cook a 12-pound turkey?
A 12-pound turkey should be cooked for approximately 3 hours.
2. Can I use salted butter instead of unsalted butter?
Yes, you can use salted butter, but remember to adjust the amount of salt you add to the turkey accordingly.
3. Can I stuff the turkey with stuffing?
Yes, you can stuff the turkey with your favorite stuffing, but make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
4. Can I use dried rosemary instead of fresh?
Fresh rosemary is recommended for this recipe, as it provides a more vibrant flavor. However, you can use dried rosemary if that’s what you have on hand.
5. Can I use olive oil instead of butter?
Yes, you can substitute olive oil for butter if you prefer.
6. Can I roast the turkey at a higher temperature to cook it faster?
It’s best to roast the turkey at a lower temperature to ensure even cooking and to prevent it from drying out.
7. Can I use this recipe for a larger turkey?
Yes, you can use this recipe for a larger turkey, but make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
8. How do I know when the turkey is done?
The turkey is done when the internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C) when measured with a meat thermometer.
9. How long should I let the turkey rest before carving?
It’s recommended to let the turkey rest for at least 30 minutes before carving to allow the juices to redistribute and for a more tender meat.
10. Can I baste the turkey with something other than pan juices?
You can baste the turkey with a mixture of melted butter and herbs, or even with a homemade glaze if you prefer.
11. Can I use this recipe for a boneless turkey breast?
Yes, you can use this recipe for a boneless turkey breast, but adjust the cooking time accordingly, as it will cook faster than a whole turkey.
In conclusion, Wolfgang Puck’s roasted turkey recipe is a foolproof way to create a flavorful and juicy turkey for any occasion. With its simple ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions, you’ll be able to impress your guests with a delicious roast that will become a family favorite.