Are you craving a delicious and spicy dish that will transport you straight to the heart of New Orleans? Look no further than the best easy Yard House Spicy Jambalaya recipe! This mouthwatering Cajun-inspired dish is packed with flavor and is sure to satisfy your taste buds.
To make this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
– 1 pound of chicken breast, cut into small pieces
– 1 pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined
– 1 pound of Andouille sausage, sliced
– 1 onion, diced
– 1 green bell pepper, diced
– 1 red bell pepper, diced
– 3 cloves of garlic, minced
– 2 cups of long grain rice
– 4 cups of chicken broth
– 1 can of diced tomatoes
– 2 tablespoons of Cajun seasoning
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
To begin, heat a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the chicken and sausage, and cook until browned. Remove from the pot and set aside. In the same pot, sauté the onions, bell peppers, and garlic until they are soft and fragrant.
Next, add the rice, chicken broth, diced tomatoes, and Cajun seasoning to the pot. Stir well to combine all the ingredients. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover. Let it simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the rice is cooked and the liquid has been absorbed.
Once the rice is cooked, add the shrimp, chicken, and sausage back into the pot. Stir everything together and let it cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink and cooked through.
To serve, garnish the jambalaya with fresh parsley and enjoy!
Now let’s answer some frequently asked questions about this delicious dish:
1. Can I use different types of meat in this recipe?
Yes, you can customize the jambalaya by using different types of meat, such as crawfish or crab.
2. Is this recipe spicy?
Yes, the Cajun seasoning adds a nice kick to the dish, but you can adjust the amount to your taste.
3. Can I make this recipe vegetarian?
Absolutely! Simply omit the meat and use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
4. Can I freeze the leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze the jambalaya in an airtight container for up to three months.
5. Can I substitute the long grain rice with another type of rice?
Yes, you can use any type of rice you prefer, but adjust the cooking time accordingly.
6. Can I make this recipe in a slow cooker?
Yes, you can cook the jambalaya in a slow cooker on low heat for 4-6 hours.
7. Can I add other vegetables to the jambalaya?
Certainly! Feel free to add celery, okra, or any other vegetables you like.
8. Can I use store-bought Cajun seasoning?
Yes, you can use store-bought Cajun seasoning or make your own blend at home.
9. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the jambalaya ahead of time and reheat it when ready to serve.
10. Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Yes, just ensure that the Cajun seasoning and chicken broth are gluten-free.
11. Can I serve this dish with anything else?
Traditionally, jambalaya is served with cornbread or crusty French bread.
There you have it – the best easy Yard House Spicy Jambalaya recipe and answers to all your burning questions. So, grab your ingredients and get ready to enjoy a taste of New Orleans right in your own backyard!