Are you looking for a refreshing and delicious salad recipe? Look no further than the Zoe’s Kitchen Orzo Salad! This easy-to-make dish is packed with flavor and is perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re hosting a summer barbecue or simply want a light lunch, this recipe is sure to impress your guests and satisfy your taste buds.
To make the Zoe’s Kitchen Orzo Salad, you will need the following ingredients:
– 1 cup orzo pasta
– 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
– 1 cup cucumber, diced
– 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
– 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
– 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
– 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
– 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
– 3 tablespoons lemon juice
– 3 tablespoons olive oil
– Salt and pepper to taste
Start by cooking the orzo pasta according to the package instructions. Once cooked, drain and set aside to cool. In a large bowl, combine the cherry tomatoes, cucumber, olives, feta cheese, red onion, parsley, and dill. Add the cooled orzo pasta and toss gently to combine.
In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat evenly. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
When ready to serve, give the salad a final toss and garnish with additional fresh herbs if desired. This salad can be enjoyed on its own as a light meal or served as a side dish alongside grilled chicken or fish.
Now, let’s address some frequently asked questions about the Zoe’s Kitchen Orzo Salad:
1. Can I make this salad in advance?
Yes, you can make this salad a day in advance. Just make sure to refrigerate it until you’re ready to serve.
2. Can I substitute the orzo pasta with a different type of pasta?
Yes, you can use any small pasta shape like bowtie or penne if you don’t have orzo on hand.
3. Can I add other vegetables to the salad?
Absolutely! Feel free to personalize the salad by adding your favorite vegetables like bell peppers or artichoke hearts.
4. Can I make this salad vegan?
Yes, you can omit the feta cheese to make it vegan-friendly.
5. Can I use dried herbs instead of fresh?
While fresh herbs provide the best flavor, you can use dried herbs if that’s what you have available. Just reduce the amounts by half.
6. Can I add protein to this salad?
Yes, you can add grilled chicken, shrimp, or tofu for added protein.
7. Can I use a different dressing?
Feel free to experiment with different dressings, such as a balsamic vinaigrette or a Greek yogurt dressing.
8. How long does this salad keep in the refrigerator?
The salad will keep well in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
9. Can I use lime juice instead of lemon juice?
Yes, lime juice can be used as a substitute for lemon juice.
10. Can I use dried or jarred dill instead of fresh?
While fresh dill is preferred, you can use dried or jarred dill if that’s what you have on hand. Just reduce the amount by half.
11. Can I make this salad gluten-free?
Yes, you can use gluten-free orzo pasta to make this salad gluten-free.