I’m declaring today a classic Thinking Out Loud Thursday and saving a “deeper” post for next week. Look at me working ahead of time. The best part? I can skip the long intro…
1. Remember for my half birthday I said I wanted to treat myself to something? Well that something arrived. I bought my sister one of these necklaces from Bauble Bar for Christmas and have been jealous ever since. The necklace is gold…not sure what’s going on with the color here.
2. I’m officially half way through “Born to Run.” Yeah, I know most people would have finished the book weeks ago but I’ve only been reading on the subway. And sometimes I skip reading in favor of closing my eyes. Just being honest. The book is finally picking up, or I guess I should say I’m finally getting into it. The stories are pretty incredible.
3. This week is going by at a snail’s pace. I have to work all day Saturday so I can’t even look forward to Friday. Boo. Ok, done complaining.
4. This made me smile. Reason one million that Whole Foods is my favorite place. Even better: I looked like sh*t, so it was kind of ironic.
5. Posts you need to read (aka posts I loved):
It’s Okay…But Only If– Snack Therapy
Why I Stop Reading Your Blog– The Blonder Side of Life
Here’s Why Running is Actually Terrible– Buzzed
Pride in Ability vs. Pride in Appearance– Pumps & Iron
6. Since there hasn’t been anything on TV that I really want to watch (other than ESPN), I’ve been watching American Ninja Warrior at night. I really want to try a course even though I’m 99% sure I’d fall in the first 5 seconds.
7. I’ve been addicted to smoothies this summer. As in I’ve had at least one every other day. I’m still loving kale + spinach + banana + mango + coconut water or almond milk. I’m investing in a blender when I get back to Florida because I don’t see this habit going away soon.
That’s all I’ve got for today! Make it a great one :)