I love surveys…both reading and answering them. I like getting to know bloggers a little better and also enjoy reflecting on the questions myself. But now I’ve gotten a turn to actually answer them I was nominated by Kiara at kiaramichelle.com (we connected via Her Campus Blogger Network) for the Liebster Award.
What is the Liebster Award? The Liebster Award is a way for bloggers to discover new ones and connect with one another!
1. Post 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions provided by the person who nominated you and then create an 11-question set for the next group of nominees.
3. Choose 11 bloggers to nominate and link them in the post!
4. Let your nominees know that they’ve been tagged- and no tag-backs!
5. Nominate blogs under 200 followers
11 Random Facts
1. I memorized the state capitals at age 3. Still know them perfectly.
2. I quote Friends on a daily basis.
3. I’m on my 4th time through of watching the Grey’s Anatomy series. Guess you could say I’m addicted.
4. Florida (where I live now) is the longest my family has lived anywhere. 5 1/2 years.
5. I prefer my mom’s cooking over any restaurant.
6. My family and I play Jeopardy! almost every night (when I’m not at school).
7. I hate putting laundry away.
8. I’m a die-hard Philadelphia Eagles fan. I kind of live for football season.
9. Eyebrows are usually the first thing I notice on/about people.
10. I’m really bad at throwing away magazines. I have some saved from 3 years ago.
11. Brussels sprouts are by far my least favorite vegetable.
Questions & Answers
1. What are you most passionate about? A few different things. First and foremost, my family. I know that’s not necessarily a “passion” but they are the most important thing/people in my life. Second, I’m passionate about health and positive body image. I love exercise and make sure it’s apart of my (semi) daily life, but on the flip side, I’m very cautious about the effects of over exercising and how some people use it as punishment. It’s very upsetting that so many women (and men) struggle with negative thoughts about their bodies. I hope through my blog and my personal interactions with people that I can help stop the body-bashing because, let’s be real, we’re all beautiful.
2. What are your favorite toppings on your pizza? Well, I’m going to be honest here and admit (don’t hurt me) that I don’t like pizza. Let me explain…growing up, pizza used to be my favorite food, but it never made me feel good. I would always have stomach aches after eating it and chalked it up to “eating too much at once.” Once I was diagnosed with celiac disease and learned that it was the pizza (and bread) that bothered me, I lost the taste for it. I’ve had gluten-free pizza a handful of times, but it just doesn’t do much for me now.
3. What is your favorite fashion piece in your closet? Tory Burch riding boots (I’m not a fashionista)
4. What made you start blogging in the first place? I had been reading blogs for over a year and I really loved connecting with bloggers. I also enjoy writing so I thought joining the blogging world would be a perfect outlet for that.
5. Who is your inspiration? My mother
6. What is something crazy that you’ve done so far in 2014? Does running a marathon count as crazy?
7. What’s your favorite restaurant? I have two in Tampa…Oystercatcher’s (a seafood restaurant) and Piquant (a French inspired lunch/dinner restaurant in my favorite area of town). Both have extensive gluten-free menus.
8. Favorite Blogger? I have so many favorites, so I’ll list the “original” few I followed: Sarah (Picky Runner), Jen (Peanut Butter Runner) and Robyn (The Real Life RD)
9. List a random fact about yourself. Other than the 11 above? I make my bed every single morning. It’s not always perfect, but it’s made.
10. Coffee or Tea? Tea
11. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? My vision changes daily, but basically I want to have a career that I love and be surrounded by people I love. The location and details aren’t too important to me right now.
Because I feel like everyone has taken this survey, I’m not nominating anyone in particular. Instead, any readers out there: tell me a random fact or answer one of the questions above!