How is the first day of fall and the end of Mercury Retrograde treating you? Hopefully good vibes all around. For those of you stuck on the term “Mercury Retrograde” read this article.
Going back to blogging basics today with some classic Thinking Out Loud. Get ready for some randomness…
1. So remember when I used to blog about running?! Yeah, me either. Well, after two months of virtually no exercise, I’m making my way back. I did run/walk intervals for two weeks and as of Monday, I’m up to one mile straight of running. It’s a very slow return, literally speed is at the bottom of the totem pole, but I can’t describe how good it felt for that one mile. I cried out of joy, if that tells you anything.
But now, I’m stuck in the land of DOMS because everything hurts (just in out of shape way). I will hopefully progress in distance but am still very cautious for the time being. Yay for mini-wins.
2. Fall means football. Football is life. So fall is life? My Eagles are 2-0 so far (and now I probably just jinxed it) but I’m going to embrace a winning record for once. Once thing I CANNOT embrace is the new Sunday Night Football song. It wasn’t broke so it didn’t need fixing…
3. iPhone users: have you updated your phones?! The new look/features took me by surprise (I’m obviously not great with change). I mostly love it, minus the weird-looking emojis. One complaints: they’re still missing the avocado, but at least we have like 18 different emojis for a train…
4. My current favorite snack: stuffed sweet potatoes. Stuff with granola and drizzle (or cover) with almond butter. Trust me, you won’t regret it.
5. Is it just me, or is this not the most relatable thing you’ve ever read?
6. I had a weird turn of events recently but am choosing to make the most of a new opportunity. Vague blogging I know, but another reminder to look on the bright side. I’ll share more soon.
7. If all goes well, I’ll have a post up tomorrow explaining a new little series on the blog! If all doesn’t go well it’ll be up Monday. As I’ve mentioned before, I want to strike a better balance with these chatty posts and more structured content so now it’s time to put it into action.