When I become Queen of the World one of the first things I’m implementing, aside from making the day after the Super Bowl a holiday, is mandatory adult spring break. You could stay in your pajamas at home for a week for all I care (although I suggest going some place with sun), but a week in March is needed to reboot.
Even during my funemployment I need a change of scenery. No I don’t technically deserve a break (my couch is sure going to miss me) but in this stage of my life I’m feeling very grateful for the ability to up and leave for a week. I’ve been looking forward to this California trip for months and hopefully as you read this I’m taking full advantage of my time there!
Whether you get a formal spring break or not, I hope you can set aside some time for a vacation OR staycation.
I’ve been testing out this playlist for a week or so and now it’s ready to share. The focus of the ride: HILLS, with some speed for good measure. As always, you want to maintain a comfortably uncomfortable pace and resistance. If you end up leaning side to side to push through the resistance, it’s too heavy.
- Feelings- Warm-Up
- Should’ve Been Us– Moderate hill in 2
- Hot Mess– Jumps on the chorus
- Brick By Boring Brick– Moderate hill, alternating seated and out in 3
- Ain’t Got Far To Go– Heavy hill in 3
- One Woman Army- Moderate hill
- Be Right There– Jog in 2 OR active recovery
- Rock Bottom– Seated moderate hill, out to 3 on chorus
- Blackout- Heavy hill in 3
- How To Be A Heartbreaker– Sprints on the chorus
- Candyman- Moderate hill in 3
- Don’t Be So Hard On Yourself– Heavy hill in 3
- Somewhere to Run- Sprints
- *Playlist does not include cool down song, but don’t forget to take time to cool down yourself*
Click To Tweet