Thursday comes at a perfect time! Here I go rambling about watermelon, summer and awesome friends. Thanks, Amanda!
1. Surprise packages from friends >>>>>
I came home from a long day of work to a surprise package from one of my best friends. We grew up together and I moved away 6 years ago but we’ve remained really close. Anyway, she sent me gluten free macaroons from a well-known store in New York City. It’s not every day that someone goes out of their way like that, so it made me feel really special. She’s definitely a keeper
Also, for someone with a mild sweet tooth I thought they were pretty darn good. The peanut butter was my favorite, obviously.
2. Does anyone watch Late Night with Jimmy Fallon? Well this grandma does not watch it at 11:30 when it airs, but my family records it and we watch it the next night after dinner. Jimmy Fallon is effortlessly cool and you can tell how much he loves his job. Wish I had taken time off from work to go see him while he’s in Orlando!
3. We ate regular burgers for dinner over the weekend but Tuesday night my mom made salmon burgers. YUMMMMM. If you don’t like salmon you probably wouldn’t like them, but if you’re salmon-obsessed (like me) they were heaven. I watched my mom cook and it didn’t look too hard. Which means it’s my turn to make them next.
4. Summer thunderstorms are usually my favorite time of the day, especially when I’m home. But being stuck in traffic on a highway during a storm? Not my cup of tea. I just had to laugh because the rain was pounding down so hard that I could not see a thing. Better to laugh than cry, right? I made it out alive
5. Another watermelon picture because it’s clearly the most important thing in my life (somewhat kidding). On a side note, my family and I have eaten at this dining room table for over 10 years so recently we decided to sand it down and carve our names into it. We also put all of the addresses where the table has lived (4 different places).
6. Confession: I’m a bandwagon soccer fan during the World Cup. While I am a huge sports fan, I’m not typically a soccer fan. However, when the World Cup comes around I go all out for the USA. It is such an exciting event and when the USA played Ghana and I heard all of the chants I got the chills. USA! USA!
P.S. Anyone else miss Landon Donovan as much as I do?
7. How is summer almost halfway over?! I have to submit my mid-term project for my online class next week. Summer, please slow down.
Any soccer fans out there?
What do you have planned for the rest of summer?
Amanda @ .running with spoons. says
Confession: I always secretly wish that we had more storms around here. We get a decent amount of rain, but no really good storms. Le boo. One of my favourite things is sitting outside and watching the lightning or listening to the thunder… but yeah, being stuck outside or even having it happen at night when I’m trying to sleep isn’t the most pleasant thing.
Amy @ Long Drive Journey says
I laughed at your grandma comment regarding staying up late because I just wrote a whole post yesterday about how much of a grandma I am! We are on the same wavelength, girl! I love Jimmy Fallon. I may or may not have shed a tear on Jay Leno’s last show, but Jimmy has really taken the show and made it his own. I absolutely love all of the bits that he does.
Nothing good happens after
midnight10:30 anyway, right?