TOL is always one of my favorite link-ups to read. Everyone’s thoughts are very entertaining and reassure me that I’m normal :)
On the writing side, pouring out random, non-cohesive thoughts is very therapeutic. Amanda, you were on to something…
1. I need to introduce you to my favorite person (OK, animal) ever. Meet my dog, Rocco. He is a six-year-old cockapoo (cocker spaniel and poodle mix) who loves tennis balls, my mom and steak. We gave him a big, macho name to make him feel better about looking like a teddy bear.
2. I think I’m the only one in the world I know who doesn’t use Snapchat regularly. I have an account but for some reason I don’t use it and I barely even open other people’s snapchats. I have no explanation for this weirdness. But I feel like I’d like it, so I might force myself to use it. Who says that about social media today?
3. Did you read the New York Post’s blurb about Kim Kardashian and Kanye West’s wedding? Gave me a good laugh…
Two jackasses got married in Italy Saturday pic.twitter.com/KXUqzmT5EU
— New York Post (@nypost) May 26, 2014
4. I need to get better at taking pictures of food. My meals are very tasty but not always pleasing to the eye. Maybe it’s because I pile food on and don’t really care about the placement on the plate? Or that I’m taking the pictures in dark lighting with my iPhone (<– probably the reason). Here’s part of my lunch from today. We’ll use this as a starting point for picture-taking. Only uphill from here, right?!
5. Speaking of lunch, I try to eat outside every day during the workweek. I feel very confined in a cold, quiet office so a little vitamin D midday is the perfect pick-me-up.
6. My feet are not made for high heels. Too many blisters to count.
7. I LOVE seeing the videos of high school seniors opening their college acceptance letters/emails. Even though I never had that dramatic of a moment, it still brings back the sense of accomplishment (and relief!) I felt after opening my acceptance letters.
8. Confession: I still haven’t unpacked from college. It’s been 3 weeks. For some reason by Type-A self isn’t worried about it and I just shut my door and forget the mess exists. Out of sight, out of mind.
9. I just bought a pencil skirt and blouse to add to my rotation of work outfits. In my mind, the price was 1.5 yoga pants.
10. TOL rocks. End of discussion.