It’s crazy how sometimes one week can go by in the blink of an eye but other times it feels like an eternity. This past week has felt like the latter. Just getting readjusted to school and life down in Miami has taken a toll on my body. Unfortunately Saturday and Sunday don’t allow for much rest, but I got pretty darn lucky that Labor Day is Monday so I can recover then. Phew!
On to this week’s Thinking Out Loud. Be sure to wish Amanda a happy (belated) 2 year blogiversary!
1. Hey look, I can still cook. Well remember yesterday how I said I would have to cook eventually? That happened. I had a break in the afternoon so I roasted some spaghetti squash and sautéed some chicken and spinach for dinner. Very minimal work and it will last me two dinners…aka right up my alley.
2. I taught my first spin class in exactly 120 days. The class went really well and even though I was nervous at first, teaching was (ironically) just like riding a bike. But man my butt is going to hurt tomorrow.
3. I have to share some of most recent pins
4. Also, I found this at Nordstrom’s. They had a few other Mean Girls quotes too. I don’t think I’d ever wear it, but it was funny to see.
5. As much as class is a good distraction from homesickness, I’m not excited about the work starting. Looking at syllabi during the first week is so daunting. One day at a time. One class at a time.
6. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t mad about changing my long run to Sunday this weekend. I have a work commitment Saturday morning so I was left with no choice. Just adjust and move on, right?! Hopefully it will be a better run than last weekend anyway.
7. Who’s excited for fall TV? I feel like that’s such an unintelligent thing to be excited about haha. But I only really watch 2 shows…Grey’s Anatomy and Scandal. But Grey’s is my real obsession.
8. I celebrated National Dog Day on Tuesday. If only I had actually been with my dog that day. I sent him my love, though.
Ok, I feel like I have more to say but it’s Wednesday night and I have to finish up homework (yuck!). Enjoy your Thursday!
What’s your favorite TV show?
What did you eat for dinner last night?
Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy says
Dinner last night consisted of turbo fish and pork meat. Turbo fish is my favourite!
I’ve never tried turbo fish! Is it meaty or flaky?
Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy says
It’s meaty but the peices it comes off in is sort of in flakes :) IT’S SO GOOD.
i absolutely loved your music selection for your spin class! I just finished watching Nashville which I absolutely love! I love Grey’s and Scandal too! :)
Thank you! I haven’t watched Nashville but I know so many people who are obsessed.
Food looks delish! I’ve always struggled to cook during the school year. However, once again, I’ll try to make it a point to cook a big batch of food on the weekend that way I don’t have to worry about it during the week. I’d also love to try spinning! Love this post :)
I try to do the same with cooking! One or two big batches a week so I can just reheat on busy nights. Let me know if you have any spinning questions- definitely a great workout.
I need to grill you about teaching spinning and the whole process soon. I’m too busy right now to add that to my schedule but I really do want to get certified! I’m just nervous about knowing how to be good at it!
I still get nervous that people won’t like my class. But I try to teach a class that I would actually want to take (aka good music and a good workout). Asking for feedback and music suggestions helps me get a feel for the participants wants and needs, too. You would rock it, girl!
Ashley @ KickAshMom says
I have a bad reality tv show addiction. I love New jersey housewives and below deck the most I think.
I have yet to get into a Housewives series. Is it bad to admit I’ve watched the Kardashians since the beginning of the show? Not as much as I used to but it’s still my guilty pleasure.