Happy Memorial Day. Take a minute and remember all of the amazing men and women who served and continue to serve our great country.
I hope that wherever you live you are enjoying the unofficial start of summer. Except if you’re in Florida with me because it’s now the start of “spend every minute inside or die of heat stroke” season. I have a feeling New York will feel just as hot but at least I’m prepared.
I know the weekend isn’t over yet but Monday just feels like a good day to recap life lately. In honor of David Letterman’s retirement last week, I thought a top 10 list-style was appropriate. It’s been a while since I’ve written in real-time (last week was all pre-scheduled, which is RARE) so let’s catch up…
Top 10 Highlights from the Week
10. Zoominations at the Lowry Park Zoo. After dinner one night we went to the zoo in Tampa for a Chinese lantern exhibit called “Zoominations” (a play on the word “illuminations”). This was probably the closest I’ll get to climbing The Great Wall.
9. New York planning. I’m SO excited for my summer in the city. I’m always online looking at restaurants, shops, workouts and other random activities. I spent an embarrassingly long time planning out my meals for the first few days I’m there.
8. Finding The Tonight Dough at the market. I bought it as a half-birthday gift for my sister (yes we celebrate half-birthdays. Read more here). She was so excited and I won “best gift AND sister award.” Well, I awarded myself those honors.
7. Spoxing. This was such a great (and interesting) workout. I’ve been loving going to classes with Christina.
6. Going to Buddy Brew with Christina. We followed up spoxing by going to a cute coffee shop/cafe in town to chat.
5. Lunch with my grandparents. We went to one of my favorite places in Tampa, Piquant. I got the Power Salad, which I order 99% of the time. It’s that good.
4. Going blondish. I guess I’m just an “ish” type of person. I really love the change for summer, though. I sent this picture to my friends and I was laughing because I noticed my sister photobombing at the last-minute. Not the best shot of my hair but you get the gist.
3. Eating this entire boat of sushi. I wish. I had to share…
2. Getting all fancy. Well, not necessarily a highlight but I think it’s worth noting (and documenting for proof) that I wore a dress and heels five days last week.
1. My sister’s graduation. The obvious highlight of my week was watching my sister graduate. Our high school has the most beautiful, traditional ceremony and it makes for a very special evening. So proud of her!
Linking up to Katie for MMIM!
Liv @ Healthy Liv says
I like your blond-ish hair! It’s a great color for you. I got semi-dressed up for church yesterday, but I can’t even remember the last time I got really dressed up!
Liv @ Healthy Liv recently posted…Farmer’s Market & Zumba
Thanks, Liv! I get dressed up for church every week but it’s not really fancy…usually a simple sundress and no makeup. I think I’ve filled my quota for a while!
She Rocks Fitness says
I actually got dressed up on Saturday for a surprise birthday party! It always feel nice to blow out my hair and put on more makeup than just mascara…I love to dress up and look forward to it. Enjoy your Monday!
She Rocks Fitness recently posted…Memorial Day Boot Camp Workout
I don’t dread dressing up as much as I used to and it is nice on occasion. But after a few days in a row I’m ready for my yoga pants!
Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine says
Yay to you sister for graduating! SOOO awesome to be out of high school!
And…really we must meet up when you’re up in my neck of the woods!!
Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine recently posted…My Favorite Gluten-Free Products
I’m so proud of her! She’s on to big things. Come visit me in the city!
Brie @ Lean, Clean, & Brie says
Love your new hair color! And you and your sister look so pretty at her graduation! Such a fun time to celebrate. Looks like you have had a really great past week!
Brie @ Lean, Clean, & Brie recently posted…Memorial Day Booty Blaster Workout
Thanks, Brie! It’s been a whirlwind of a week but lots of fun events :)
Julia @ Lord Still Loves Me says
You have the cutest smile- I hope you realize that! That exhibit at the zoo went all out! How beautiful. I just had the Tonight Dough for the first time myself and I was quite impressed.
Julia @ Lord Still Loves Me recently posted…I Am Writing My Novel (Again)
You’re so sweet, thank you! I couldn’t try the Tonight Dough (not GF) but my family loved it.
Rebecca @ MyEagerFeet says
That hair color looks really cute on you! My hair is turning from blonde to blondish as I get older – so obviously I think it’s a great color to have! Congrats to your sister for graduating.
Rebecca @ MyEagerFeet recently posted…Jog into Spring 5K Recap
Thanks, Rebecca! I was blonde when I was little but it faded as I got older, so it’s nice to have it back for a bit!
im going to nyc on june 12….would you mind to tell me a few places you found already that are on your list which by the way i think its totally normal to plan your first meals in a new place !!!!! i am so excited for nyc. its my first time there since being GF and its soooo nice to know i have a lot of options. always fun to travel with celiac !
I will definitely be posting about GF places I try! NYC is one of the easiest places to travel with celiac because of the safe (and DELICIOUS) options.
Hayley @ Full of Life says
1) Love your dress at your sister’s graduation. 2) I want that ice cream – you are a good sister. 3) You’re adorable.
Hayley @ Full of Life recently posted…Tahoe Part 1
So much fun stuff happened for you last week! Great photos.
I’m still recovering from last week. And by that I mean lots of naps and lazy time :)
Emily @ Sweets and Beets says
1) Loving the highlights.
2) I NEED The Tonight Dough! Jimmy <333
3) Love that you and Christina hang out :) :)
4) Congrats to your sister! xo Soon it will be you graduating from college!
Emily @ Sweets and Beets recently posted…See It to Believe It: Best Deals Ever
It’s hard to believe I’m only a few months away!!!