Happy Memorial Day. Take a minute and remember all of the amazing men and women who served and continue to serve our great country.
I hope that wherever you live you are enjoying the unofficial start of summer. Except if you’re in Florida with me because it’s now the start of “spend every minute inside or die of heat stroke” season. I have a feeling New York will feel just as hot but at least I’m prepared.
I know the weekend isn’t over yet but Monday just feels like a good day to recap life lately. In honor of David Letterman’s retirement last week, I thought a top 10 list-style was appropriate. It’s been a while since I’ve written in real-time (last week was all pre-scheduled, which is RARE) so let’s catch up…
Top 10 Highlights from the Week
10. Zoominations at the Lowry Park Zoo. After dinner one night we went to the zoo in Tampa for a Chinese lantern exhibit called “Zoominations” (a play on the word “illuminations”). This was probably the closest I’ll get to climbing The Great Wall.
9. New York planning. I’m SO excited for my summer in the city. I’m always online looking at restaurants, shops, workouts and other random activities. I spent an embarrassingly long time planning out my meals for the first few days I’m there.
8. Finding The Tonight Dough at the market. I bought it as a half-birthday gift for my sister (yes we celebrate half-birthdays. Read more here). She was so excited and I won “best gift AND sister award.” Well, I awarded myself those honors.
7. Spoxing. This was such a great (and interesting) workout. I’ve been loving going to classes with Christina.
6. Going to Buddy Brew with Christina. We followed up spoxing by going to a cute coffee shop/cafe in town to chat.
5. Lunch with my grandparents. We went to one of my favorite places in Tampa, Piquant. I got the Power Salad, which I order 99% of the time. It’s that good.
4. Going blondish. I guess I’m just an “ish” type of person. I really love the change for summer, though. I sent this picture to my friends and I was laughing because I noticed my sister photobombing at the last-minute. Not the best shot of my hair but you get the gist.
3. Eating this entire boat of sushi. I wish. I had to share…
2. Getting all fancy. Well, not necessarily a highlight but I think it’s worth noting (and documenting for proof) that I wore a dress and heels five days last week.
1. My sister’s graduation. The obvious highlight of my week was watching my sister graduate. Our high school has the most beautiful, traditional ceremony and it makes for a very special evening. So proud of her!
Linking up to Katie for MMIM!